BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 7, 2009

(HW 28) Informal research part 2...

Derbyshire, Bygone. "Smoking was seen as being cool and everybody did it." 12 February 2009: n. pag. Web. 7 Dec 2009. .
When this assignment was giving i thought about what I see everyday at School of the Future and what seems to be cool or the norm. I notice that smoking is a big thing and i think the main reason is because they think is cool or because their friends do it. i found this article to say exactly what I think goes on. Why would people go to the extreme of putting their health in danger just to be cool?

Hasbert, Lucas. "How to be cool at school." n. pag. Web. 7 Dec 2009. .
This article I found interesting because it gives you a guideline of what you need to do in order to be cool. When I read this I wondered if someone actually read this article and tried some of these steps. Probably not because cool is undefined. While sitting in another history class, Jacara mentioned that people say "be yourself" "stay true to yourself" but if everyone did that why isnt everyone cool? That made me think about how people can try and wear the latest gear or act like someone they think is "cool" and yet they are not cool themselves.

"What makes a person cool?." 2004: n. pag. Web. 8 Dec 2009. .

0 comments: