BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HW 10 internet...

I am most intrested in cellphone usage because I am one of the many that are addicted to my cellphone (blackberry). It amazes me how many people depend on it and use it for different reasons.

http://teachingtechnology.suite101.com/article.cfm/fair_cell_phone_use_in_schools
This article is about the pros and cons of having a cellphone in schools. There are many reasons as to whether cellphones belong in school or not. The article states that with a cellphone students can take pictures of projects and show parents, but what are the chances of us students actually doing that? It also says that with cellphones in schools students can send out text messages to each other during a test giving each other the answers. Lastly, the article says that students should reach an agreement with parents and teachers about cellphones in school.

http://unews.utah.edu/p/?r=062206-1

Using a cellphone and drunk driving the same thing? While reading this I couldnt believe that officials would actually go this far as to the usage of cellphones. I first thought that drinking and driving was worst than using a cellphone and driving but now that i see it can be very harmful. People get so into what they are doing on their cellphones that it can be a hazard to others on the road. Now that I read this article I am totally against my mom even using her blackberry at a red light. You never know what can go wrong at any moment. In connection, I was on the express bus on my way home and the driver started to read her book while on a read light. The lady behind me told her the driver if she thought that was the right decision. The bus driver began to get frustrated and didnt understand why until the lady told her she had a young baby. I couldnt believe something so little turned into something so big in minutes. Drivers must think carefully before making any decisions while on the road.

http://www.rense.com/general63/FACTS.HTM
Not a well written article but straight to the point about how far technology has come. It explains how 10 years back we had the big cellphones that resemble bricks but now they are as small as can be. Not only have cellphones come along way and impoved but accecories such as bluetooths came out making it easier for us. Where will all this technology be in anohter 10 years?

1 comments:

Larche G said...

Dear Sam,

I liked your post on the research you did on the usage of cell phones since you clearly stated you depend on in. I think that you could definitely use the article in essay you will be writing soon. I think that you should directly quote the article. Use specific quotes in your essay to support your opinions. I liked the article about using the cell phone while driving because not only do I agree with it but I thought it clearly stated how dangerous doing the two can be. I liked that the articles spoke about different aspects of cell phones from the usage to the development of them over the years. I also think that you should include your experience with the digital experiment you did. It seemed like it impacted you in a way. I think you would benefit even more from a digital fast ;)