BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 9, 2009

HW 11 my experiment...

For the experiment I decided I would try not to have my phone on while I was reading. I never turn off my blackberry not even overnight so you can imagine how I felt. At first I just put the phone to the side and started to read but once I felt it vibrate it killed me to wonder who just sent me a text message. So right away I checked and answered the text back. Then I told myself "okay sam you can do this, put it on silent". I ended up putting it on silent and throwing it to the other side of the bed. As I kept reading I saw the bright red light flashing and I wanted to know who was texting me. It lasted maybe 2 minutes before I grabbed it and answered back. After a few tries I started to get annoyed and just turned off the phone and put it away. I ended up reading for an hour straight but of course I thought about how many messages I missed. I noticed that even the little things like the red light flashing I noticed from across the bed. I noticed that I was very distracted and it took me a few tries to actually get me to give up on my blackberry for an hour. When I turned on my phone I had a lot of missed text messages from friends and I felt out of the loop for a few. It amazes me how for an hour you can feel like you missed something for days. I think for the next experiment I would like to either try and digitally fast for longer or engage myself in all the electronics for hours to see if I get tired or bored from the technology.

0 comments: