BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 4, 2009

(HW 9) Response to Comments....

Video comments.... Larche and Chloe were not able to post their comments on my video for some reason. So their comments are below as well as my reply to them.

From Larche,
I liked your video, It seemed like you were really into what you were doing-reading and listening to your ipod. I sometimes do that to. It was like you were in three places at once. You were lost in your book, while into your music , and then into the conversation you were having on your phone. Sometimes it can be hard to juggle all three or just focus on one.I have to agree that no being able to express ourselves through words was hard. But I think that one of the points of this assignment was to express how we communicate digitally and I think you really showed that in your video. The question you asked " what would happen if I didn't have a cell phone or an ipod then what?" really made me think because that was what my video was about. I probably would I have been forced to do something more productive. I think that if we all gave up our digital equipment we could be doing more to stimulate our minds, like reading. You had good insights overall.

In response to Larche,
Thanks for taking the time out comment my video. Sorry that it was such a hassle to comment. I am not sure what is going on with my blog. When I read your comment it made me think about how I could have changed the video a little so that it wasn't just focused on one thing but rather different locations and what not. When you said that I was lost in my book while listening to music, I was actually getting distracted because my phone would keep vibrating from messages or I would change the song that was on because the shuffle was bad. I agree that without these gadgets we would do something productive instead which is a great thing. I would rather spend my time engaging in a book at the park than wasting time on things that are making me lazier. Lastly, a question that I wonder about is how did all these gadgets come about? When I was younger I didn't think about cellphones and now I'm addicted. Is this really helping our generation keep in touch or rather drawing us father apart?

From Chloe,
Hey Sam, I'm glad that we agreed to do this. I feel like it will benefit the both of us as we are mature high school seniors. Your video was straight to the point and not messy. Thanks for doing it in general.

I wish you would have wrote a little of your own analysis of your video but that is okay I can still write about it. I noticed how in your video your not only being digitally stimulated by your ipod but your also reading! I feel as if maybe you use your ipod to help you focus on certain things, to help keep you sane and relaxed. Since sometimes being digital stimulated helps you block out and be in your own zone so maybe this is why your ipod helps you read and be focused on the book without distractions. Although there was only one distraction in your video which was your black berry. The only thing that can take away your focus is another digital device.

I think everyone has concluded how certain digital devices keeps us sane and stress free. We see this in a lot of peoples videos like mine. Most of the time when people read or do there homework they listen to their ipod to help them focus and not get distracted by others people's nonsense. This happens to me a lot in study hall (my Tuesday advisory choice). Everyone listens to their ipod and I noticed it actually gets people to actually be more focused to do their homework. Probably because they have two choices. To talk to people and be unfocused or listen to their ipod where they can't really communicate and listen to people so they do their work in the rhythm of the music they like most.

Unlike most people, I cannot read and listen to music at the same time. Although I do listen to my ipod while I sketch or paint. It is a relaxer and I wonder how physical we are being effected, could this be a benefit to our selves to be able to focus on things more? I feel like this is really weird because we always speak about how digital stimulation distracts us but can it be true that in some way it actually helps us focus more?

Thanks again for helping me out and I'm always here to leave you comments back when you need it. <3 See you at at school

In response to Chloe,
Aww!! Thanks for commenting on my video. I am ALWAYS here to help you. We are both are on the same page as far as being on our game this year so I am glad to help. I see that you said it would have been helpful to write some insights from my video, I did but my blog has not been fully working so I am sorry for the inconvenience. I totally agree about the blackberry. It is so distracting because as I am reading I would feel it vibrate and then cant help but to look to see who text me. It is so bad that sometimes I will put it on silent and still look at it to see if there are any new messages. I agree that the ipod relaxes people and helps them get work done. I like listen to soft music while I am doing homework because it just helps me get into the mood. Lastly, I also wonder about how we say that they distract us but can it also help us in someway? There are pros and cons to having these digital devices but I think it is they way you use them that determines whether it is a pro or con. Like when we were interview strangers at the park. They mostly use it because of work which is a pro but a con is that sometimes it can take away from actual interactions in person. Thanks for everything gurlie! :)

0 comments: