BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 9, 2010

(HW 32) Tattoos...


Expressing ourselves through significant tattoos or spare of the moment piercings. One way or another we have caught or even went the whole way in getting a tattoo or a piercing. Some say "well i got this because its unique and I had someone draw it for me, so no one else has this tattoo." To be honest, I have thought about what could be the reason in why we want them. The pain, the thought, and the process all go through our minds yet we still do it. But why? When Mr. Fanning spoke about his tattoos, I wondered what parents thought of him being the new principal and having this appearance. As Fanning began to go into detail about some tattoos, I realized that these tattoos were more than just ink on his arm. Symbolizing a very serious surgery I found it very significant. People are quick to judge others on tattoos but don't know what exactly is behind it. I was quick to judge my brother on his tattoos because I felt they were dumb and insignificant but to him "they mean a lot". He has tattoos all over. One says "East Harlem" another says our Grandmothers name. I could not grasp the concept of having East Harlem tattoo on your arms nor having your grandmothers name when she is still ALIVE. I feel like my brother is one of the many people who get tattoos and what they call a meaning behind them but to us its meaningless.

0 comments: